I'd like to tag j4, rysmiel and ceb, though if anyone else wants to steal the meme ...
1)What author do you own the most books by?
2) What book do you own the most copies of?
3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
4) What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Rowan the Steerswoman
5) What book have you read the most times in your life?
Lord of the Rings
6) What was your favourite book when you were ten years old?
7) What is the worst book you've read in the past year?
Greg Egan, Incandescence
8) What is the best book you've read in the past year?
Nick Harkaway, The Gone-Away World
9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
Catherynne Valente, In the Night Garden
10) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for Literature?
I am not qualified to answer this question
11) What book would you most like to see made into a film?
Terry Pratchett's "Nation"
12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
Peter Watts "Blindsight"
13) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
I seem to get dreams plotted by Ian Fleming rather than ones involving Ian Fleming
14) What is the most lowbrow book you've read as an adult?
James Follett 'Torus'
15) What is the most difficult book you've ever read?
Tenenbaum 'Introduction to Analytic and Probabilistic Number Theory', but that's cheating, and besides I didn't finish it. In the spirit of the question, probably Paradise Lost.
16) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you've seen?
17) Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
18) Roth or Updike?
19) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
20) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
21) Austen or Eliot?
22) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
The Russian Novel. Not a single Tolstoy, not a single Dostoyevsky.
23) What is your favourite novel?
Roger Zelazny's "Lord of Light".
Tom Stoppard 'Arcadia'
Kipling 'McAndrew's Hymn'
Sorry, I really can't answer this one; too much blog-reading makes essays seem part of the scenery.
27) Short story?
Ted Chiang's "Tower of Babylon"
28) Work of nonfiction?
Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel"
29) Who is your favorite writer?
30) Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
31) What is your desert island book?
Given question 22 and the proverbial size of desert islands, War and Peace
32) And... what are you reading right now?
Stephen Hunt, "The Court of the Air". It's not very good.